Monday, July 6, 2015

I had the weirdest dream last night

Ok. So I started this blog to be about raising my kids in an urban setting. It's not been successful for me so I am going to turn it into a hybrid blog. Things I think, things I want to do, things I like to do, things I get to do, things I care about... and things.  I am not changing the name, but the basic concept is kids and things.

SO back to my weird dream.

I had a dream that I was going to see a show written by my good friend Bilal. https://creativecontrol2.wordpress.com/ (He is an amazing playwright, check him out). It started out fine enough, a stranded island play, and they were super excited because the Neofuturarium had just got running water. So it starts and there are three actors shipwrecked on a desert island, trying to find a place to survive, build fire, ect. Everything is wet. They explore further and find an abandoned mine.  I look to the left of me and I am sitting next to Bilal's wife, my very good friend Dana and my brother, Marty. We are watching the play and my sister Melissa comes in, except she looks like a cross between herself, her daughter and my good friend Erica. Just as she sits, the seats start to move. I am being pulled forward into the play. My brother turns to me, because he is now in front of me, and says, "This is awesome." I wrap my arms around him and the ride continues.

Suddenly I am ripped away from everyone and I am inside this weird camp inside the mine. The actors are shining light down on me and several bunk mates - one of whom is Dana and the other is my best friend Christi. They are smiling and talking. It's like I am not there. I scream "I am here. Why am I here", as if it had been scripted. I look into the audience and they are so excited for what happens next. Christi turns to me and says "Run." I start to run through the audience but ghosts and zombies keep popping up. I am suddenly wearing a back pack and carrying two bags and holding on to my girls who have appeared, lumbering through the seated audience. Ladies in fancy clothes grumbling about being hit in the face with my back pack. But I am totally supposed to be doing this. Bilal is over there nodding like it is all working out. I am not scared, but I really want to get back to my seat and finish watching the play. The play which is like an interactive Haunted Mansion ride but maybe actually an episode of the Black Mirror.

Weird right?

I should mention that I am currently re-reading IT by Stephen King (something Christi reads once a year), went camping for the 4th weekend, my friends have been on my mind and my sister is coming for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment